About Mind the Bridge
Mind the Bridge is a global organization that provides innovation advisory services for corporates and startups. With HQs in San Francisco (CA) and offices in London, Italy, and Spain, since 2007 we have been working as an international bridge at the intersection between Startups and Corporations. We scout, filter, and work with 1500+ startups a year. We support global corporations in their innovation quest driving open innovation initiatives that often translate into curated deals with startups (namely PoCs, licensing, investments, and/or acquisitions).
Overall, you’ll be working in a young, diverse, fast-paced environment that tries to stimulate the constant growth of employees by fostering their entrepreneurial attitude.
As part of its advisory business, Mind the Bridge assesses the open innovation activities of several corporates internationally. You will be supporting the analysis of such activities by studying large, international companies. The work requires the ability to develop a deep understanding of a company’s open innovation activities and of how large corporates work with startups. We are looking for a high potential young candidate, passionate about the startup world and the role of entrepreneurship in our society. Fast learner, willing to learn, flexible, champion of the can-do attitude.
This is a great opportunity to learn first-hand about open innovation, the hottest business topic of the past few years, within one of the top advisory companies.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- You are a top graduate with Engineering / Business background
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about the open innovation/startup scene
- You have English language proficiency (other EU languages are nice to have)
- You have excellent listening, oral and written communication skills and are able to communicate your findings in a detail-oriented, neat and effective way
- You are able to digest high volumes of information, sum it up, and package it in a professional way
- You have the ability to pitch ideas and produce well-crafted presentations
- You must be able to work independently as well as on a team, and multi-task with high degree of project and time-management capacity
- You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create positive, long-term working relationships by demonstrating a commitment to teamwork, dependability, diplomacy and flexibility
You are ideally available for 6 months, minimum 3.
- You are CURIOUS and have a strong desire to learn
- You have an entrepreneurial, can-do attitude
- You are proactive in identifying problems (and solving them)
- You like to give and receive feedback from team members
- You are able to prioritize tasks and act on sudden deadlines
- You have proven ability to work in a small and friendly office environment where each staff person assumes multiple responsibilities while striving to achieve shared goals
- You possess a strong commitment to the mission, policies, goals and philosophy of MTB
You have a positive approach, can-do attitude, and sense of humor.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ability to create personal network of professionals in different industries in which MTB is involved, including VCs, Accelerators, Universities, NGOs, and Innovation Labs
- Initiate and maintain relationships with company stakeholders, both founders and mid/exec management
- Critical thinking in operations and logistics of day to day processes, supporting possible digital transformation of weak areas
- Support with innovation advisory services such as technology/startup scouting or redaction of reports dedicated to the latest tech trends
- Help with blog and social media posting
Ability to support and mentor global startups
- Internship, full time
- San Francisco (preferred) or remote (in compatible timezone)
- Potential for continued employment at MTB post-internship